View Single Post
Old 12.28.2012, 03:46 PM   #45687
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

This album is really growing on me.. The Seer, The Apostate, Avatar.. it is everything I liked about Tool 10,000 Days but even extended.. which is probably bad for Swans fans who like the Tool fans thought 10 and 20 minute minimalist drone meets over-ambitious math rock tracks were a bit too much. Me, I think that Grateful Dead "space" and "drums" 30 minute freak-outs are simply NOT enough, so this album speaks volumes to me..

Interestingly, I never liked Swans until this album, I always thought it was too minimalist, this album offers a bit more to my ears, more simplified variety, a better overall composition. Something more like what Radiohead could do if they had the patience to stretch it out and some better weed than what they already smoke

Yes, I know I've committed the cardinal sin of comparing an underground band to two bands so mainstream so as to border on Disney-esque corporate, but still, art is art, and it speaks for itself.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|