View Single Post
Old 01.07.2019, 04:45 PM   #25
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Dead Can Dance are sort of an amalgamation of Neoclassical Darkwave, Ethereal Wave and a lot of international folkoric influences. Due to their incorporation of mysticism and some dark themes (as well as their association with 4AD - which was home to many of the more dreamily-inclined goth darlings at the time), they are quite popular among goths, but I'd hardly call them a goth band based on their stylistic approach. In fact, I'd say they're quite content doing their own thing. Trying to find things to incorporate into my playlists, I gave their renowned album "In The Realm Of A Dying Sun" a listen some time ago. Halfway dug it. Some of the more wavy tracks really stuck in my head. The latter half of the album is not quite my cuppa I'm afraid. The same applies to most of the stuff I've heard of them. Some things I really dig, others not so much. Haven't heard their new one yet, but I'm not itching to either.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|