Thread: World Music
View Single Post
Old 08.30.2007, 08:33 AM   #257
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
And there's a fine tradition of Morris dancing/ sea shanties and the like which don't come under the ambit of non-Anglo/American 'folk music' in the popular consciousness but are still very much English folk traditions. That's not to mention the various Welsh, Scottish and Irish traditions - what's the difference between Egyptian/ Arabic/ Eastern-European bagpipe music and the bagpipe music of Ireland/ Scotland?

Perhaps something focussing on folk traditions? Which of course excludes new music, which would leave out soca, soukous and highlife (not to mention a fair few other things. You see the problem?

But yes, Mr Beard also more than welcome. It'd be nice if someone with a bit of net-nous could do some leg-work (although I have a designer mate who may be able to step in) and have the peeps from here as admin-y types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|