View Single Post
Old 07.08.2019, 08:27 PM   #2902
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Finished Season 3 of Stranger Things. Episode 5 to 8 were actually pretty decent. The finale was even legitimately good, bar one baffling segment. But this is not the type of quality the first season displayed anymore. The mystery aspect that accounted for the initial charm of the show seems to have gotten the shaft and now everything's obvious and in your face. And I'll stick with my initial opinion: This season relies way too much on shallow nostalgia. Whilst the first season utilized recognizable staples of its time as just something the characters were familiar with and used or enjoyed in their everyday lives that were cleverly integrated and even served storytelling purposes (like "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" signaling the bond between the Buyers brothers), popculture references and blatant product placement are now thrown around willy-nilly. That sucks. This show has turned into a cartoon. And there were so many plot points that went nowhere this season. There was little in the way of suspense or urgency this season, especially in the earlier episodes. And even the show's signature moments with emotional depth only really appear in the later few. They were there, but not as abundant as in the seasons prior to this one. Verdict: Has its moments here and there, but it's a far cry from what initially made the show so appealing. Disappointed.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|