View Single Post
Old 03.02.2016, 03:27 PM   #56
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Hillary basically won states that go Republican in the general election. Yet, I'll tell you, if Hillary becomes the nomination and Trump becomes the Republican nomination I just got a very scary image of this turning out much like the election of 2000, where it comes down to a win in one state and neither Trump nor Clinton getting a commanding lead.
Bush was a sympathetic character and spoke in a conciliatory way. Trump is so far from compassionate conservatism that the 2000 scenario is almost literally impossible because compassionate conservatism has national support and was far less partisan. Right now Trump is enjoying the circus but who knows what May or June will bring. Indeed personally i think Trump winning the nomination will be worst thing for GOP since the Nixon era. Trump will get ROASTED when 100% of the political and media focus is entirely on him and he will get completely smashed by a blur of defeaning soundbytes and attack ads.

At the end of the day those "grown ups" in the GOP will be embarrassed to support him. It will actually HURT their turnout.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|