View Single Post
Old 06.14.2009, 06:00 PM   #53
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit

and so on.
you (not addressed to anyone in particular, just a general mood) should try and see the bright side from time to time.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nicfit again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
This doesn't seem like a good idea at all.

The kind of people SY attract are more interested in finding their own voice on the guitar and/or customizing guitars themselves, not buying stuff so they can "be just like their heroes"...

Although, the Lee guitar is kinda cool...with only 21 frets, it's no good for me as a player, but I'd get one just to support the band. I can't see spending more than I paid for the guitars I actually play to buy something I'm just gonna hang on the wall, though...

I'm all for SY getting more publicity (I was happy to hear about Kool Thing being in Guitar Hero III, even though I hate Guitar Hero...never knew Teenage Riot was in Rock Band), but this...no.

if you ask me this is not a serious signature guitar at all. Fender probably said, hey, these dudes are a moderately successful band that have become an institution.. sonic said, hey this is an opportunity for us to get a bunch of free fender guitars.. Fender is taking advantage of the fact that a good proportion of sonic youth fans are in their 30s, 40s, and yes 50s, and have jobs as moderately successful as sonic youth, and could afford to buy this guitar instead of some other expensive bullshit to stack up dust on in their house..

Sonic youth is exploiting fender to get some free gear, as they themselves know the guitar will not sell enough to be "profitable" for fender..

This is the same kind of debate that happened when they went on Geffen.. I say whatever, but I wouldn't waste my dough on those things.. It doesn't necessarily support the band.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|