View Single Post
Old 09.01.2015, 09:24 AM   #10
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm, I'm going to have to think on my actual "top 10" proper, but I will say that, aside from seeing some new faces and bands for the first time, I really enjoyed seeing Sleater-Kinney back in Feb. And I had a transcendent little experience with an even older favorite in the spring.

I had no initial plans to even try to get to the SK show, but with friends like mine (over-enthusiastic thirty-somethings who worshipped SK in another life), it wasn't surprising to find myself on the other end of a "duuude- I've got an extra ticket to see SK tomorrow! You coming or what?" kind of conversation. And come I did, mainly because the lady was out of town and I was bored and lonely, but MAN did I enjoy it.

It was like 1998 all over again. with better equipment, certainly, and a much more crowded house. It was my ... ninth? tenth? SK show of the millennium, and I think it was all the more electrifying because of how little I expected walking in.

But, that's just one show that comes to mind. I've been to more concerts this year than in any year in recent memory, and before a I can start ranking I need to think back to the experiences.

Not gonna lie though - I saw Jesus & Mary Chain this year, and it was bloody unforgettable. Different energy than the SK show... At SK, I had the impression that if I started to chat with anyone about my honest feelings on the band and their public personas (ahem, Carrie), I might be lynched. Everyone was singing along, but I was just kinda grooving.

At J&MC, it was clear that I was the wild idiot kid in the room. I read reviews of the show later where writers admitted to having a kind of a take-it-or-leave-it attitude toward the band. I, on the other hand, may well have been foaming at the mouth. It was so foggy and droney and stoney and beautiful, and I sang my smokey little lungs out.

Until I can reflect further, I'll go with Jesus & Mary Chain for the win.

Oh! And Swans. Shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|