View Single Post
Old 10.27.2011, 01:07 PM   #2
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Pavement in 2000 also, and yeah- I wasn't blown away.

I'm a moderate Pavement fan (as in, I love the first three albums + Westing) but hearing some of my then favorite songs stumbled through by five bored-looking poorly dressed geeks was not exactly the thrilling experience I was anticipating.

I saw the Stripes three times (I think) between WBC's and Icky, and they just plain brought it. Earlier on, in the club shows, the sheer heaviness was particularly palpable. But they could even fill ARENAS with that sparse little arrangement they had.

There are plenty of Stripes songs I don't love, or skip thru, but on the whole, they had a much better career than any of their contemporaries.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|