View Single Post
Old 08.08.2006, 10:50 AM   #5
Feelyat
little trouble girl

Feelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud of
I went and had a fucking great time. This is maybe the sixth or seventh time I've seen them live and I've never seen Steve look so engaged in playing. Usually he's just sort of back there -- but you could clearly see something going on in his face. It might've been the heat, but either way, Steve was fucking hitting those drums like there was no tomorrow.

Also, this was a pretty spot-on review. I, too, was on Thurston's side of the stage. We saw him earlier during the Be Your Own Pet set. He was off on the side of the stage, holding a camcorder. He brought the same camcorder out during the SY set and asked the crowd if it'd be ok for him to put us in a home movie. We, of course, screamed like hell for him to do so.

By the way, Be Your Own Pet rocks ass. Those kids seem really pure; really all about making sweet, unadulterated, violent noise. The lead singer threw up on stage during one song, joked that she guessed it was heat exhaustion, and then burst into their last song with the same wild fury she maintained throughout the whole show. The bassist and guitarist were all over the place, practically falling apart throughout the whole show, and at least once the drummer played so wildly that he knocked over the overhead drum mic. And the music was good, man. I can see what Thurston sees in those kids. They're wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax Americana
Thanks for the pics. Pretty good review as well. Who else did you get to see at Lolla this year?
Feelyat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|