View Single Post
Old 06.27.2015, 08:30 AM   #46955
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccagotcursedout
King Crimson guy here. math rock has NOTHING to do with prog.

king crimson guy here too-- doesn't have to be mutually exclusive! and of course it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Whitest white boy music ever made.

but you're white, suchfriends!

i mean gmku...

(and so is steely dan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I never listened music as a background. I prefer silence if I donīt want to listen music. Of course I do homeworks sometimes while listening music, but try also then concentrate to music too. But I think most of the Yes material could easily be background music.

oh yes i forgot to answer this.

it was with a story.

when i was 13, i think, i got my first yes record-- it was yessongs. it had been smuggled for me in someone's suitcase, because they didn't sell those at our national record stores. it was was also well past the era when yes was popular, so getting it for me was sort of difficult. but anyway it showed up in my hands. why? because some older cousin said something about it being great, etc., and when someone asked, i say "yes", and blam, yessongs. well...

at the same time/age, i had discovered borges-- the writer. he blew my fucking mind with alternative universes and visions of the infinite (the mathematical infinite, not the mystical one).

i remember trying to read borges while playing that yessongs record. holy shit. my brain collapsed from the overload. i had to do one at a time.

so yes (ha), i had to really listen to really get it, but over the years i've learned each note by heart so that it no longer strains me.

--

and yes was the band that got me interested in classical music, actually. because that shit was scarce as well, growing up, and they opened a massive door.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|