View Single Post
Old 03.15.2019, 01:21 PM   #6127
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I mean my perspective is that obamacare won't need fixed if universal healthcare is introduced. Most major first world countries in the world have it and with the amount of money in the US there is no reason not to implement it. This isn't a fantasy. A centrist stands for nothing except the status quo. Why put your hands up and go "let's just be managers of the chaos cause we can't hope for anything better!". At least a fascist believes in something, as repulsive as they are.

actually the dutch health care system is described as a "managed chaos". people have a lot of choices in said chaos. maybe worth looking into.

too much order is as horrible as too much chaos. maybe even worse.

and there are a lot of things about the status quo that are great, but people rarely notice them unfortunately. for example, i like not having famines, i like having drinking water and electricity, central heating and air conditioning, affordable private independent transportation, i like my private health insurance, and i like not having compulsory military service, and i wouldn't give up any of that voluntarily.

not all change is good and revolutions often end up in disaster. but you'll find out eventually.

switzerland has better universal healthcare than your country through fully private markets, with some subsidies for low income. insurance is really compulsory there though, with possible prison sentences for avoidance, but at the same time the industry is highly regulated. it is also decoupled from work, which means you need not be afraid to leave your job.

obamacare went half-ass on the swiss model. it's all they could squeeze.

but there are many ways to reach universal healthcare. government takeover of the medical profession is not the only one.

personally, having experienced government healthcare, i like to have a choice of provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
She was 'just doing her job', the point being that her job is fundamentally oppressive and goes against the interests that she's trying to pretend she cares about now. There's no such thing as a 'progressive prosecutor' nor will the left accept one as a candidate at this point.

what interests are those? and i don't know about the cases she prosecuted, honestly.

anyway i guess you never read about comissars and informant networks and gulags under communism.

"progressive" rule means big government, which%
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|