View Single Post
Old 09.28.2009, 07:52 PM   #30
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
1999:

The only dead tie. Simply can't choose between Boredoms - Vision Creation Newsun and MF Doom - Operation Doomsday (close second Blur - 13)

2000:

Radiohead - Kid A (close seconds were Boris - Flood and Deltron 3030)

2001:

Endless Summer - Fennesz (close seconds Jay-Z - Blueprint, Radiohead - Amnesiac and Fugazi - The Argument)

2002:

Sonic Youth - Murray Street (close seconds Beck - Sea Change and Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot)

2003:

King Geedorah - Take Me To Your Leader

2004:

Wilco - A Ghost Is Born (close seconds Madvillainy and Arcade Fire - Funeral)

2005:

Kanye West - Late Registration

2006:

J Dilla - Donuts (although if we're talking best new release, there's no question that the answer is the Table Of The Elements John Cale - New York in the 60s box set, although as the title clearly demonstrates, that doesn't really count)

2007:

Jay-Z - American Gangster (close seconds Omar Souleyman - Highway to Hassake and Deerhunter Cryptograms)

2008:

TV On The Radio - Dear Science (close seconds Atlas Sound - Let The Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel and Birchville Cat Motel - Gunpowder Temple of Heaven)

2009:

DOOM - Born Like this

This was harder than I expected actually. It also drove home a few key points, namely that hip-hop really dominated my tastes this decade, perhaps more than was expected, and that in contrast their really wasn't nearly as much avant-garde or noisey stuff that I truly loved this time around as their would be in other time periods. I guess because this was the decade when my musical consciousness was really formed, I just have a lot more affinity with it's popular stuff than I do for other decades. Oh, and that the last 10 years were all about the Doom love for me...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|