View Single Post
Old 10.16.2017, 05:52 PM   #414
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
dude, when I saw Mister Miracle #1 I was like "hmm... that reminds me of the Vision comic." So yeah. I'll check it out gladly. I didn't even realize (or remember) that King was doing it so yeah it totally sounds like he's basically doing something similar for DC w/ this book that he did for Marvel a couple years back. Count me in!

If they hey Vision at your library - get it. Seriously. There are some comics where I'm like "hey you might like this." This isn't one of this. This is one where I'm saying "TRUST ME ON THIS ONE" y'know?

I believe you and I will check it out. I have total faith in Scott King right now. Funnily enough, his Batman work is actually his least impressive (except for that excellent Swamp Thung one shot in April).

The new Mister Miracle thing is just incredible. Newsarama (a comic book website of questionable editorial quality, but meh) has given every issue a 10/10. It’s a wonderful ode to Jack Kirby that embraces the cosmic epic weirdness of his characters as well as the deep personal and emotional elements, while still moving it forward and doing something *truly* new.

It’s a mystery, and Scott Free is obviously in the process of going insane on some level, but he can’t quite grasp it. It’s like what an intergalactic war story about demigods might look if it were written by Wes Anderson. And it’s haunting and hilarious, as I said.

It does sound like there’s some similar genre bending going on with the Vision comic you mentioned, so I will totally pick that up this week. Promise.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|