View Single Post
Old 07.24.2012, 05:59 AM   #38
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's probably true of all single band devoted fan sites. You're more likely to find outright SY devotion on say a Nirvana site, and vice versa. Although I also think it's something inherent within SY themselves: a certain flippancy about everything that maybe wouldn't be so prevalent on some other bands' sites. Saying all that, I do think you're taking the views of a handful of posters here as representing the board as a whole. There are plenty of members here just as devoted to SY as you, they just rarely bother to engage with what's going on in the Non-Sonics sections, or when they do, take it with a large pinch of salt. Ultimately I think everyone here can empathise with your love of SY, even if for some of us it's only a memory and for others not necessarily as blanket-form.
I think you donīt understand what my point has been in my writings. My point isnīt that somebody who donīt love SY as much as I canīt be here. The point is overall negativism that I think is allover internet. If I put here (last time it was in sonics "What do you think eternal as a final album"-thread) that I think the Eternal is great album, there is always somebody who have to put forward me "noo, itīs horrible". I would understand it, if this was "the Best Avantgarde music of this moment"-site, but this really is a Sonic Youth Gossib. I have felt, I just canīt be innocent, still SY-loving fan here. And I think Iīm not alone. And I think itīs sick!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|