View Single Post
Old 10.15.2018, 04:11 PM   #4757
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Peterson covers a lot of ground, and you'd never get the nuances of any of them in a single video like that. suffice to say that he definitely considers any traditional rock solid concept of the individual as being deeply problematic, just that he also sees Idenity Politics as a massive, and in his view socially disastrous regression from any gains that could otherwise be made.

Like with all social commentators, there's areas where I definitely disagree with him - but his diagnosis of what he sees as a real problem within the Left/Liberal position right now, seems for the most part, pretty spot on to me, even if I'm not always that convinced by his alternatives.

right but you’re sidestepping the very point i want to discuss

the individual with supreme rights before the law is male, white, straight, rich

the individual with supreme rights before the law is from a particular tribe

it’s a pretty fluid tribe, but it’s still a tribe.

e.g., in the usa, when italians first arrived to america they were categorized as ‘black”. i have the papers to prove it lol.

now... not so much

the irish were dogs right? rejected by the nativists...
now everybody wears green for st patricks

jews? early 20th century, per fitzgerald or hemingway, they were a different tribe. all the way into the 60s easily. but since spielberg, the 80s, etc— the american jew is white. whiter than before anyway.

the tribe that killed everyone else became the bearer of the individual with those fancy rights.

everyone else got less, or no rights.

the current intifada is simply the request for the expansion of those rights.

is it a little bananas?

sure

is it the end of the world?

i don’t think so
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|