View Single Post
Old 10.15.2018, 04:06 PM   #4756
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah ok his argument i understand and he’s not going back to 60’s marxists for his use of “identity politics”. so i can argue what the problem is with what he’s saying.

basically he’s right that our modern political culture made the individual supreme.

but what he’s avoiding/missing/not seeing/blind to/ etc. is that this “individual” is like man in the book of genesis constructed in the image of “the lord”.

so this supreme legal creation is male, white, straight (and likely married, with children, christian, affluent, etc etc etc).

i mean it’s the same issue at the bottom of the declaration of the independence.

“all men are created equal” except for the slaves and the women and the lower classes.

it’s all a very funny business.

i want to say more but i need a coffee and i need to do some work but please do not forget this point.

the individual is supreme yes. but the point you need to remember, you who trafficks in creatures of the imagination, is

“who” is this supreme individual jordan talks about, and what does he look like (cuz, eh, it’s a he).

the’s glossing over that fact either out of blindness or on purpose.

i just wanna stick to that for a moment please because that is the core of his flaw.

if you ignore that blind spot, he sounds perfectly reasonable.

but if you are aware of his blind spot, then you wonder if he’s fighting for reason and sanity or if he’s fighting for dominance.

let’s hang on to this point for a little while and not skip it.

Peterson covers a lot of ground, and you'd never get the nuances of any of them in a single video like that. suffice to say that he definitely considers any traditional rock solid concept of the individual as being deeply problematic, just that he also sees Idenity Politics as a massive, and in his view socially disastrous regression from any gains that could otherwise be made.

Like with all social commentators, there's areas where I definitely disagree with him - but his diagnosis of what he sees as a real problem within the Left/Liberal position right now, seems for the most part, pretty spot on to me, even if I'm not always that convinced by his alternatives.

--

Sorry, I wrote that before seeing your newer posts, in between. Will have to get back to you on those, Ilducio permitting.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|