View Single Post
Old 10.15.2018, 01:54 PM   #4753
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
But this is getting derailed around details about something that's pretty marginal to the Trump thing. The person right now who I'd say pretty much reflects my view is this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTVXCxbC2to

yeah ok his argument i understand and he’s not going back to 60’s marxists for his use of “identity politics”. so i can argue what the problem is with what he’s saying.

basically he’s right that our modern political culture made the individual supreme.

but what he’s avoiding/missing/not seeing/blind to/ etc. is that this “individual” is like man in the book of genesis constructed in the image of “the lord”.

so this supreme legal creation is male, white, straight (and likely married, with children, christian, affluent, etc etc etc).

i mean it’s the same issue at the bottom of the declaration of the independence.

“all men are created equal” except for the slaves and the women and the lower classes.

it’s all a very funny business.

i want to say more but i need a coffee and i need to do some work but please do not forget this point.

the individual is supreme yes. but the point you need to remember, you who trafficks in creatures of the imagination, is

“who” is this supreme individual jordan talks about, and what does he look like (cuz, eh, it’s a he).

the’s glossing over that fact either out of blindness or on purpose.

i just wanna stick to that for a moment please because that is the core of his flaw.

if you ignore that blind spot, he sounds perfectly reasonable.

but if you are aware of his blind spot, then you wonder if he’s fighting for reason and sanity or if he’s fighting for dominance.

let’s hang on to this point for a little while and not skip it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|