View Single Post
Old 10.15.2018, 12:36 PM   #4746
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
What you're describing isn't a safe space in the sense I'm using it. Of course all students (all everyone) should be safe from harm and persecution but the safe space culture I'm talking about is when a lecturer or a fellow student can't even mention a topic, or a perspective on it, that might offend or in some way trouble another student. So a transgender student is 'protected' from being exposed to a position that might, for example, question the idea of a gender spectrum. The fact that the universities are actually facilitating this practice arguably makes them even more pathetic than the students they're trying pandering to. If a person can't handle ideas that challenge their beliefs they shouldn't be in higher education, period.
okay, if that’s the case, that’s pretty much irrelevant to what goes on here

whole swaths of the population are under attack here

president grab them by the pussy sure triggered part of this intifada. for one thing, the women are finally fed up. but on the other hand the knuckle draggers are also encouraged.

just the other day in colorado 2 harmless shoppers were speaking in spanish at some drugstore when some racist bitch came to harass them for speaking their language

then another more educated white woman threw the racist bitch out, called the cops on her, and had her arrested for harassment

ha ha ha ha

ha ha ha ha

fucksakes, i want the drugstore to be a safe space but it shouldn’t be on the basis of having a handy white savior— thank fuck for that lady but cmon

deadbeat donald has fired up the crazies, as john mccain famously said, and has turned the country very ugly for minorities, women, and even the people he claims to stand up for, the ethnic white working class, because he’s just using demagoguery to sell them down the river, and the fools believe him

anyway i am sorry i cannot sympathize with the notion that the overprotection of routinely murdered abused raped and ostracized transgendered people is an urgent social issue. i’m sure it can be resolved within academia like all academic debates. and yes, academia attracts bolsheviks and thought cops for sure, and the crime of blasphemy moved from the church to the university but it’s not a big social issue.

much more urgent to me seems—can women, gays, trans, queer, hispanics, black people, the disabled, etc, go to the drugstore without being threatened and harassed? can the cops stop shooting black people in the back? and can women feel safe from coworkers?

that’s way more urgent if you ask me. let’s make drugstores safe again. and traffic stops. and the workplace. and selling lemonade in your front lawn when you’re 7.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|