View Single Post
Old 11.13.2007, 03:09 PM   #38
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlothropLudwigMatzerath
Joy Division started out as punk definitely, listen to the Ideal For Living EP. But by their full lengths they were a full fledged post-punk band. And Interpol, try as they might, will never hold a candle to them. I loved Control, but am afraid now that every know nothing shit is going to start listening to them, especially with the reissues, and especially since anything remotely new wave or "post-punk" is so in right now. I mean, I've been listening to JD since I was 14, when I bought the Heart and Soul boxset, and now all these people, granted they are my age, are going to be co-opting them...but it was a great film. And i cant really stand those biopics, ie Ray and Walk the Line.

Calm it down a notch there, bucko. I'm pretty sure the film's only showing at art-houses anyway, isn't it? Anyway, Joy Division's been co-opted for a loooooong time now. Shit, you can see pictures of Good Charlotte wearing their shirts. Whatevuh.
dionysusundone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|