View Single Post
Old 03.21.2013, 12:10 AM   #17272
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
Through a Glass Darkly.

another Bergman classic. not as disturbing as the others i've seen, but still fantastic. i also find the women in his films to be extremely attractive or exuding something sexual. i think i'll keep 'em rolling.

any suggestions? maybe The Silence.

I know what you mean about the 'exuding something sexual' thing and on that score I'd definitely say The Silence is a good option. There's something very kinky about that movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99

I also find that Cries and Whispers is a stirring masterpiece, depending on how you look at it. Don't expect to be in high spirits after watching the film. As with many other Bergman films, it's a bit of an agonizing experience. Despite a familiar utilization of clocks, a rare use of color (primarily the color red) dominates the film throughout. So yeah, I'd recommend it if you think that's up your alley...

That was the first Bergman film I ever saw and yeah, while I did really like it, it made me quite weary of checking out his other films for a while. I lump it in with the likes of Salo, Breaking the Waves and Irreversible: films that I appreciate but ultimately endure, rather than enjoy. If that makes sense.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|