View Single Post
Old 07.15.2017, 07:05 PM   #4658
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you said you liked science!

so what do you think about a biomass-centered technology? i mean where all of our products are biologicals--from plastics to to ceramic additives to fractal antennas. no or little mining, no or little industrial processing like, say, bleaching paper-- everything via bacteria/fungus/prokaryote. large animal too-- back to wools etc instead of synthetic fibers (not saying it has to be sheep, but i could be grown in agae vats. say: neosilks.)

DAMMIT MAN

I do like science! But I'm probably not informed enough on this area to comment much beyond saying, sure, sounds better than fucking coal, better than fracking.

I'm a bit of a germophobe, so I'm going to need to look into the role of microbacteria and fungus and whatnot before I make any kind of definitive statement about how I feel about that in practice.

I read a really horrifying book once about microbial life run amok and essentially invading humanity through airborne spores that changed our biological makeup and "assimilated" us into its mass of spores and greenery. Fucking bloody terrifying.

I'm all over the place today. Sorry. Told you I was feeling silly and reading Terry Prachett.

More later! Maybe!!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|