View Single Post
Old 01.07.2017, 01:06 PM   #1956
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Just saw the recent show. Still good and all, but Coyne's Jesus complex has gotten way out of control and the overall pacing of their shows has suffered accordingly for the past decade or so, imo. I hope you like unicorns.

They're playing in a surprisingly small club that I've never been to before. I'm not sure how it's going to work, with all that their stage show entailed last time I saw them.

I think around the time of Embryonic, they had dialed back their whole approach a notch or two and it lead to some of their best music ever. I would like to see them perform more minimally. Or at least take a lesson from the Stones and insert a little "garage band" intermission into their live show where they abandon all pyrotechnics and just kick out the jams in for a few songs.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|