View Single Post
Old 03.10.2016, 11:25 AM   #1070
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Not sure about the 30 day trial question because as I said, I'm keeping Tidal going for now because I don't like stealing from him, even if he's asking for it.

Tidal allows you to download songs onto your device (if you choose the $19.99/month super premium absurdly expensive option) but even if you do that, I think you need to at least maintain the $12 monthly subscription to be able to access the album. (!!!)

I mean, I guess it is a gesture against capitalism (kind of... unless you see it as a push toward an even more malevolent kind of capitalism) and the disposability of music. And to be fair, I'd gladly pay a couple bucks a month just to keep my Kanye cd's. At $2/each that's about the cost of a Tidal subscription. And Tidal has a pretty good library of music.

But I don't have to pay for my CDs ever month. I buy them and they're mine! So that's faulty logic. But if a dictator took office and made me pay a tax on my Kanye albums, I'd do it. That makes Tidal sound even worse, and makes me even more pissed off about the whole thing.

Why doesn't he just pull a Radiohead and release it for free?! Then he can count the downloads all he wants, and avoid the pressures of sales figures without alienating anyone.

Yeah, he should just sell it exclusively through his website. Whatever. I think he may have succeeded in shutting down TPB... E least temporarily
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|