View Single Post
Old 03.31.2007, 10:45 PM   #9
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
I was reading The Wire and reached my breaking point with these terms (used to describe music/musicians). In my mind, to call a musician a "sound sculptor" is the worst kind of insult. I understand why they find them useful, but the mere idea of "sound art" leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

????

to trivialise an artform that falls within a musical sphere but is not music just because you don't like the term is ludicrous. and just by saying "the mere idea of "sound art" leaves a bad taste in my mouth." would say to me you have never experienced an sound installation because you only seem to like music. i myself don't like the term sound sculptor but it is in no way an insult. the art of sound installation and seeing / hearing them in galleries is akin to looking at a painting and one can create new environments for people to experience through sound. perhaps you just need to learn how to listen and not simply hear.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|