View Single Post
Old 01.02.2018, 12:10 AM   #447
d.sound
the destroyed room

d.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's assesd.sound kicks all y'all's asses
there are still many records i didn't get a chance to hear.

favorites sorta best to least best, lps and eps mixed together:

jim o'rourke - steamroom 32
biosphere - the petrified forest
jan st. werner - spectric acid
teresa winter - untitled death
richard youngs - this is not a lament
colleen - a flame my love, a frequency
kassel jaeger & jim o'rourke - wakes on cerulean
peaking lights - the fifth state of consciousness
laurel halo - dust
yelle - ici & maintenant
ellen allien - nost
jim o'rourke - steamroom 35
kaitlyn aurelia smith - the kid
tim heidecker - too dumb for suicide: trump songs
golden retriever - rotations
bardo pond - under the pines
visible cloaks - lex
félicia atkinson - hand in hand
kelly lee owens - kelly lee owens
konrad sprenger - stack music
wolf eyes - strange days II
mount eerie - a crow looked at me
tarawangsawelas - wanci
cicely irvine - excavations
benoît poulard - lignin poise
no ufos - nu for rs lp
colin stetson - all this i do for glory
fever ray - plunge
zola jesus - okovi
ahnnu - special forces
lea bertucci - all that is solid melts into the air
growing - disorder
kars-lis clover - grafts
sarah davachi - all my circles run

specific songs
clairo - sure, there's pretty girl, but flaming hot cheetos live shows way more talent.
colin stetson - the rain like curses. even another step up from all this i do for glory.
yelle - ici & maintenant (voyou remix) this versus the original is a great example of remixing as an important art.
twice - i likey. a masterpiece in scientifically engineered pop.

live experiences
these are all in columbus because i don't like to travel.

rafael toral & ryan jewell. i want to explain. i hate the use the phrase "you had to be there", but i guess i just did. i've been a fan of rafael toral's for 17 years, so it was a dream to finally see him (and say hi!). ryan jewell is one of the most talented and innovative performers i have ever witnessed.

mike shiflet - at COSI planetarium: 360 psychedelic visuals, surround sounds, phenomenal composition(?)/performance. i was not on drugs of any kind, but i did float above my body for a moment.

BAND - i had been given a few hints about what i would witness, and i smiled and thought it jolly and preposterous. then i saw them setting up the curtains and lights and... more and more, furniture? i don't wan't to spoil it for the uninitiated, i'll just say, ferocious attack of sound, a baby doll dress of a kind, microphones and tapes, something involving an IV catheter, and aluminum baseball bats.
d.sound is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|