View Single Post
Old 07.04.2018, 10:36 AM   #472
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Sev, you need to stop believing an "apology" would make any difference to those self righteous, hateful losers. If there's something we can learn from this Kanye situation it's we should live life and do us without worrying what others think, because everyone will never be satisfied.

Nah, I think if Kanye became outspoken anti-Trump all of a sudden, or even, like, low-key Trump trolling like Kendrick did on “The Heart Pt. IV” and “DAMN.” I think he’d be right back in favor.
It’s bloody infuriating that this is how t works now, but it is. And I was more pissed at him than most when he said that ridiculous shit. I realized I’d been engaging in more quasi-idolatry than I thought, because it fucked me up so much when he went off his rocker like that. But... when a I heard these album, it was like, “OK, obviously whatever is going on in his bizarro head is not fucking with his ability to make the best goddamn popular music in the world, so whatever.” I thought this would be obvious to everyone else too, but I have a lot of really liberal friends, and some of them just totally stopped being Kanye fans, at least publicly. (Granted, my friends are from places like Seattle, Portland and NYC, so they feel a lot of pressure to out-liberal everyone and everything always period).
Anyway, I think a change of course on that front would help him a great deal.

I’m listening to “KTSE” right now, and goddamn it really is good. Kanye has made four of the top 10 albums of the year so far. It’s unprecedented. I think this batch of albums is irreparably tainted by his shit antics, but I do believe he could bounce back in time to make his “Abbey Road” if he were to appease the need for everyone to fall on the right side of the line in the sand.

Fuck. Crazy ass muhfucka
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|