View Single Post
Old 03.05.2017, 07:40 PM   #157
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, so I know this falls under the category of *"Pitchfork shit," but this Vagabon chick is pretty impressive for someone so young. She clearly digs PJ, Nirvana, Breeders, Cat Power, etc., and she's working with a nice voice and some solid chops.
It's been a while since populist indie rock had a good year. Deerhunter seems to have lost their bite. Deerhoof and Blonde Redhrad seem to be almost as institutional as any toeing classic rock band, happy to rest on laurels at least for the moment. I'm ready for some new blood.
This album has some really good moments and some pretty familiar ones. All told though, it's worth a listen as much as I hate to add to validate Pitchfork.

Vagabon - Infinite Worlds ... check it out.

Listen to "Minneapolis" and think about Pavement and shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|