View Single Post
Old 12.27.2014, 08:36 PM   #1596
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
louder- you're right. Zach De La Rocha receiving praise as an emcee in a true hip-hop context is just way too hard to swallow. Everyone pretty much gets the fact that RATM was goddamn fraudulent at this point... shameless "Activist" role-players, raging against the exact machine that spit their records out.

I can't believe that Rocha moment on Close Your Eyes... is getting attention of any kind, or being hyped as anything *other than* the only downright bullshit moment on that kickass album. Zach De La Rocha is a joke. Yeah, this verse may be the best thing he's ever done... and RTJ2 is certainly the best project he's ever been involved with. But COME THE FUCK ON!!!

I haven't really heard anything about Rocha's contribution, so I'm just taking your word for it. It seems like the kind of thing that would happen in this braindead pop culture era.... Killer Mike and El-P create a universally revered masterpiece, and Zach De La Motherfucking Rocha is the one swimming in "OMGs" ... fucking christ.

It is a great album though. I prefer it even to Shabazz Palaces' Lese Majesty. It's more interesting. That's sayin' some shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|