View Single Post
Old 06.08.2016, 03:59 PM   #5532
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Peterpuff, you nailed it. "It does what Blizzard does best." Bliz is able to take a genre that others might find intimidating and say to them "no, no, don't be shy. C'mon in. Welcome, Friend!"

I could never get into MTG, but I've spent hundreds of hours playing Hearthstone. Like, the first time I played it, I did so for 6 hrs. :0

I NEVER NEVER had any interest in MOBAs, but I've been obsessed w/ Heroes Of The Storm for a year now.

I have tried to get into TF2 more than once. Just doesn't click. But Overwatch is fantastic.

Ha, my experience is pretty much identical. Did not get into MTG, but loved Hearthstone. Only really played it through the first Naxx expansion. After that, I just could not keep up the changes enough. Still a great game in that vein.

And same with HOTS. I tried LOL, felt overwhelmed, and the realized quickly how toxic the community was. Started with HOTS on release day, shelled out about $50 since then, and still love coming back to it time to time.

Never played a "team shooter" game until Overwatch, but love, love, love it.

I am not sure where exactly I heard this, some WOW Podcast or something, but they always would say Blizzard creates games that are, "easy to pick up, diffucult to master." So I can't really take credit for the idea. I always really loved the way they phrased it. Very much like the way you said it, they take away that intimidation of hopping into a new game genre really well. "no, no, don't be shy. C'mon in. Welcome, Friend!" fits perfectly. But then their games do have a depth and richness to them that really keeps you improving and enjoying the improvement.

(I have been accused of being a "Blizzard Fanboi" several times by friends if you can't tell, ha). But I stand by it. They do what they do quite well, and that has only increased more and more these past few years and releases.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|