View Single Post
Old 09.12.2009, 08:56 PM   #8029
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
No I haven't, but that's what I assumed. Whatever they left out, it made it seem horribly disjointed and random. Which, in my mind, is a failed adaptation. I gave it the score I did mostly for the great animation, music, and action sequences. Other than that...

Well, the manga was very episodal in its presentation/flow. The anime movie isolates the themes running throughout each chapter and sequences from various parts of the manga (the Major killing the guy at the beginning; the puppet master in the female android's body; the armored tank sequence) and threw them into a plot that was largely original.

Really, there was too much going on in the manga for a condensed version of the story to work as well. I liked the anime movie, but Stand Alone Complex is a better medium for Ghost in the Shell because having a whole series gives the story more breathing room.