View Single Post
Old 06.11.2013, 06:19 AM   #368
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I can't do Tupac at all anymore. For some reason, motherfucker sounds like he wants to ficking kill the people he feuded with. I can't separate his music, or him as an mc from the content of his lyrics, the way I can with Biggie (who also totally sounded like be wanted to absolutely murder someone, but tracks like Juicy helped keep him from sounding like a psychopath. For me, even "Dear Mama" sounds violent as hell. I just hear Pac, and think of really angry kids O went to high school with. Plus, most of the people he talked about doing awful things to were some of my favorite hip hop artists of the era.

Motherfucker even tried to throw down against Wu Tang, which I just can't abide. I mean, having beef with a horde of dudes who -even if none of them had Tupac's underwear model abs, would surely make a bloody mess of him in a fist fight, just seems silly. Especially when every one lf them outclassed him several times over in the rhyming department and had a sense of humor that apparently went way over his head.

Great rapper, but he had none of Biggie's charm. In retrospect, It sounds like he was the one guy who couldn't separate media hype and image from life. I guess being shot at will do that to a guy.

Anyway- he is ultimately the one major 90s gangsta rapper who I just can't handle anymore.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|