View Single Post
Old 06.10.2013, 05:42 AM   #362
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
"Honestly, when I listen to radio, that ain't where I wanna be no more," said Kanye West during a brief-but-potent bit of banter in the middle of his Governors Ball set last night, talking about his unconventional, radio-single-free marketing strategy leading up to his new album Yeezus. "At this point, I could give a fuck about selling a million records, as long as I put out an album that you can rock to all motherfucking summer." And based on the five new tracks played last night-- "New Slaves", "Black Skinhead", and three others-- it's probably good that he doesn't have his sights set on multi-platinum status this time, because Yeezus is shaping up to be his most outré album yet. The previously unheard songs were all about desperation, ice-pick synths, and convulsing drums, something like a hyperkinetic version of 808s & Heartbreak's relatively dour robo-paranoia."

http://pitchfork.com/news/51097-repo...overnors-ball/
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|