View Single Post
Old 08.08.2017, 10:21 AM   #49995
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
well, i would've been interested in your feedback, and find it kind of odd that some arbitrary spacing would make you read it. Again - must be a cellphone thing because it's not even that long.

Does this help?

Radiohead
Kid A
2000, I spent the three years between Ok Computer and its follow-up obsessing over Radiohead's every move. I had so many bootlegs from that

period that even I thought I could imagine what their next record would sound like. But I was wrong. From the moment I heard the soothing opening synth

notes of "Everything In Its Right Place," I knew that Radiohead had destroyed their own music in order to create it anew. It was astounding in 2000 to hear

a new Radiohead album... one that barely had any guitars. While familiar bootleg tune "How To Disappear" survived only mostly unscathed, the

acoustic ballad "Motion Picture Soundtrack" was almost unrecognizable. The title track had vocals - I just couldn't understand them. "Treefingers" was

three and a half minutes of ambience. "Idioteque" is like almost really club music. In hindsight none of this was all that weird: their last album opened

with a tribute to DJ Shadow, while its b-sides collaborated with Zero 7 and a remix by Fila Brazillia. This new sound was also grounded a bit by the urgent

acoustic guitars strums of "Optimistic" and the absolutely rocking bassline of "National Anthem." Kid A was a brave record, but one that makes sense in

hindsight. There's no way the band could have made a proper follow-up to OK Computer. So why not just reinvent the band?