View Single Post
Old 12.11.2015, 11:42 PM   #24
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Despite what my previous post may suggest, in general I agree with you, especially when it comes to lamebrained blaahhhhghhh!! comments without any insightful fundaments — their contribution is usually zero. The reason I went visceral on Stone Temple Pilots is that for me they represented everything that went wrong as commerce clashed with and absorbed art in early '90s rock music. One minute, due mostly to Nirvana's success, you believe you're finally witnessing the triumph of bands who at least appeared to stand for something, the contingent of artists from the tail end of the '70s onwards who made their own rules and whose music made you feel and think and just fuckin' EXIST the way hair metal douchebags surrounded by blondes with big racks or acts that were composed by one person singing, one dancing, and one doing fuck-all —as one writer described the Thompson Twins— never could. Blink, however, and the apparent revolution is over: fuckers who one year before did what they were told to become the next Guns N' Roses were now being groomed by the big record companies to look "grunge" and go multiplatinum. Which, lamentably, in many cases they did. I'm not exactly discovering the philosopher's stone here.

As for my spit on that Pearl Jam record, I concede it comes more from a place of utter repulsion on which I didn't expand rationally... and I'll remain guilty of leaving it at that for now.

see, this is a response I can respect.

I don't mind disagreements of opinion. But I get annoyed with "someone likes something I don't, I better shit on quick with a single sentence!" as it just comes off as 'negative for the sake of negative' to me. And to be honest, the world has enough negativity in my opinion.

I mean at least you're saying something more insightful than " ugh they sucked" /post.

At any rate, I do sort of have that same sentiment as Sev - at the end of the day we ARE talking about people.

@Pepper: Though I actually do still enjoy Ten (and agree, the remaster does it better), I still like pretty much all Pearl Jam albums. And agree that they've found their place. It's sort of that same place that Foo Fighters occupy. I guess - begrudgingly - it's sort of Dad Rock for those of us who grew up in the 90's. But dammit, I like it. So whatever haha.

And I do sort of agree, PJ seems to just keep on keeping on pretty much ignoring everything around them. I respect their grind.