View Single Post
Old 09.24.2015, 11:38 AM   #19075
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

This was made to look like a riotous Coen Bros. in comedy mode kind of thing in the previews. Like Burn After Reading or the Coens-lite Men Whp Stare At Goats. I'm not sure why they felt the need to misrepresent the film like that. It's actually quite a beautiful and bittersweet story. Very well acted, very patiently scripted and paced. Beautifully stylized. But not at all an oddball comedy.

If you go into it knowing that, it will be easier to get into.

I was expecting to laugh my ass off. But it's a war movie, and it deals with some very thorny subjects. One of Clooney's better directorial works. I really enjoyed it and now I find myself wanting to read the book and learn more about the true story upon which the film was based.

Good stuff.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|