View Single Post
Old 09.21.2015, 05:15 PM   #19061
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I like some comedies but not the 'goofy' ones so much. I like Manhattan-period Woody Allen, that kind of thing, oh and I'm a massive WC Fields fan, but I generally don't watch many out and out comedies. Funnily enough (ahem) a lot of the films that've made me laugh out loud the most wouldn't really qualify as comedies at all. Bits of Goodfellas I find hilarious. Same with Robert Downey Jnr in Iron Man. Iron Man isn't a comedy but some of the lines in it are far funnier than what I've heard in most films that supposedly are. If that makes sense.

yeah, i figured you relate to comedy the way i do to horror-- we all have our biases.

for example, inherent vice had shit right out of the zucker brothers (naked gun, etc)-- like the beatdowns he gets from the cops.

see: http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/...-inherent-vice

and there's nothing goofier than the zucker bros.--except maybe manuel in fawlty towers.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|