View Single Post
Old 08.28.2015, 12:47 PM   #4119
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Honestly, I can't believe I'm just getting around to it. I've been reading Simmons for years, and making my way through sci-fi's biggest titles since I was a boy. But I'm very glad to have it right now, so perhaps it was meant to be.

Simmons is an excellent horror writer. His horror is always expertly crafted, sneaking up on you from behind. Looking at the cover of Hyperion, and reading the summary, it feels like it's going to be standard sci-fo fare. But then you get a story loaded with deadly tension, hushed murmurs about horrific fates that are likely to befall everyone involved, and almost Lovecraftian god-as-monster living at the end of the universe-type shit.

So, feels like fucking horror to me.

Sold! I'm looking for a new author and I've been sniffing around the darker reaches of scifi for a bit but never know the right entry point. Big fan of Lovecraft so this seems perfect. Thanks for the review.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|