View Single Post
Old 11.08.2016, 10:10 AM   #19845
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
It makes me very happy when someone watches this movie for the first time and ends up loving it. This movie didn't get nearly the release or hype it deserved when first released. It was certainly not an easy movie to promote given its a film best seen knowing as little about its plot turns as possible.

with more time today: yes, i'm a whedon fan and totally totally totally missed this when it was released. i saw serenity, i saw much ado about nothing, i saw dr. horrible, i saw avengers, i saw agents of shield (at first, don't like it anymore) but missed this one COMPLETELY. i was only vaguely aware of the name and nothing more. literally nothing.

but hell yes. yes yes yes yes. great. just. fucking. great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Hahaha! I didn't even know Buffy was a Whedon creation! I thought it was just a cash grab to follow up a cult-ish movie with a series that would get through several seasons on curiosity alone (a la Teen Wolf and Fargo).
wait. teen wolf, the mtv show, comes from a movie? lol. never seen that. saw a bit of the mtv shit for lols mostly (talkback tv). anyway...

YES buffy and angel are whedon creations. he wrote a good many episodes and led his team of writers through the development of each seasonal story arc. if you watch them in the right order, you'll understand much better wtf is "the ancient ones" or whatevs in cabin in the woods. plus plus plus plus. not that you *need* it but it just fits the puzzle much better. it's that universe. the universe was created in buffy, expanded in angel, and here we are now (entertain us).

the recommended order is thus:

first: buffy 1 through 3

second: buffy 4 + angel 1 in parallel, and continue in parallel until you run out of buffys and have only angels left

PREPARE TO BE HOOKED. 12 seasons total.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|