View Single Post
Old 11.07.2016, 05:18 PM   #19843
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the problem with the earlier movie was that it was taken over by shitbirds (i think donald sutherland pulled a kirk douglas-- if you know the story of spartacus). whatever the case, whedon's original script was turned to shit. plus that girl couldn't act much, unlike sarah michelle gellar who was great. plus plus plus. trust me. the tv show kicks the movie in the ass up and down the street for a whole weekend

so anyway yes, season 1 of buffy picks up right after the movie story where she's been expelled for "burning down the gym" lololol.

anyway you can also save "hush" for its rightful place in the story and start season 1, episode 1, and build up to it, 3 seasons later, when you'll know who is who and what is what and will get the full greatness of it.

dude, get ready for a great ride.

Hahaha! I didn't even know Buffy was a Whedon creation! I thought it was just a cash grab to follow up a cult-ish movie with a series that would get through several seasons on curiosity alone (a la Teen Wolf and Fargo).

Now I want to rewatch the movie. And I actually thought whatshername from the movie was OK. I mean, she was definitely super cute and very watchable. SMG on the other hand... gotta say that name is probably the biggest reason why I never bothered with the TV show. She's kinda... late '90s-md-'00s teen movie blehhhrrghh. Never cared for her in anything.

BUT ... I will take your word for it. Now I'm actually pretty interested, knowing it's a Whedon original. Also, I recently learned through watching WAY too much of the WB/CW forever-running Supernatural that some of those WB/UPN shows were actually pretty smart if you gave them a chance. For instance, there's 12 and counting seasons of Supernatural (ugh) and my wifey has watched all of it. I say it to yuck it up for a few episodes, and kinda came and went, but now I can honestly say that at least once or twice a season there is a genuinely GOOD episode of the show that justifies the rest.

Also, RE: Teen Wolf ... Did you guys know that Jason Bateman took over for Michael J. Fox in Teen Wolf Too?
I didn't. Not until the other day when I saw both films in the bargain bin an checked the credits. I'd seen "...Too" plenty of times (child of the '80s, y'know) but it never clicked until then that it was Michael Fucking Bluth doing all that terrible hairy boxing!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|