View Single Post
Old 04.18.2006, 10:30 AM   #11
SecretGirl13
little trouble girl

SecretGirl13 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
1. Have you, personally, been affected in any way (positively or negatively) by the presence of Mexican or Latino immigrants?

Yes, the love of my life who I have been in a relationship with over a year is the child of legal Cuban immigrants.

2. Do you feel threatened in any way by the presence of immigrants?

no

3. How many undocumented immigrants do you think are currently in the United States?

thousands

4. Why do you think people cross the border?

even being paid under minimum wage illegally in the US brings in a larger salary than staying in mexico. also many central americans are seeking political asylum (especially from castro)

5. There are a number of proposals for immigration reform being debated in Congress. How much of a priority is immigration reform to you?

high priority in the sense that there need to be changes.

6. What kind of measures should be taken with those who are apprehended for being in the country illegally?

(felony? jail term? deportation? amnesty?)

depends on the circumstances, if an illegal immigrant is caught committing an additional crime then i think the gov. has the right to prosecute them. but i think they should at least get a chance to make a case before being deported

7. Do you think immigrants should have the opportunity to establish themselves as legal permanent residents? Under what conditions?

yes, especially since there are a lot of assholes not willing to do certain kinds of labor in the US. and were it not for political asylum i wouldn't have been given the chance to be born, so i think the US shouldn't build a wall. Also, if the US had the policies they want today 60 years ago then they wouldn't have had thinkers like albert einstein. they tend to shut the wrong people out of the country.

8. Although there is much debate, most people believe that something needs to be done to monitor immigration and maintain control of the border. What do you think should be done? What would be your solution?

not building a fucking wall. tancredo is a fool. the US could create a lot of jobs by making the application more complicated but also more viable

9. Do you believe that national identity cards are a good idea and might help solve the problems?

oh god no. makes me shudder to think about it.

10. What responsibilities, if any, do you think immigrants have to the U.S.?

to abide by the law, especially when it comes to taxes and home/car/workplace safety. also not to perpetuate the idea that they will accept far lower pay because it drives down the wages for everyone down here at the bottom making minimum wage.

11. Have you had any experience living in or visiting another culture? Have you had any experience in Mexico?

i'm living in another country right now. but not mexico.

12. Have any of your family members emigrated from another country in recent generations?

yes. we'd all be dead otherwise. some are leaving france right now because they're sick of having swastikas painted all over ther neighborhood and having their synagogue burned down over and over.

13. What kind of effect do you think immigrants have on the U.S.? Positive? Negative?

i think that there are lot of immigrants that have academic and scientific innovations to offer if the US is smart enough to at least grant them a visa. In terms of physical laborers from Mexico, I think the US relies on them too heavily to say the effect is totally negative.