View Single Post
Old 01.21.2007, 06:06 PM   #10
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
The opening of this was spoilt by the people who were there. Basically, it was full of arty cunts who like to go to openings so that they can be seen, and the exhibition or whatever is totally superfluous to that aim. They drank their wine, kissed each others cheeks, talked loudly and meaninglessly, and got gunned down by my imaginary machine gun. I left before Susan Stenger and Robert Poss played, I couldn't bear to spend any more time in the same space as this bunch of pseudo-intellectual twats.

It was a shame I felt like that, because the set-up of the exhibition is great. A square room, with three screens on each wall, each one with a different projection, and eight speakers, playing a rather beautiful drone, which filled the room wonderfully. "The Movement of People Working" is a project that Phill Niblock put together over a number of years, were he has filmed people doing manual labour, mostly in underdeveloped countries, and, combined with his music, the film of the working people is supposed to be like a ballet. I'm not so sure how well that part of it worked for me, but the room filled with drone was fantastic (until all the talking cunts turned up and spoiled it).

If you're in Central London any time in the next seven weeks, I'd recommend popping along to Sketch just to sit in the room and be washed over by the drones for half an hour or so, it's a very refreshing experience.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|