View Single Post
Old 10.14.2013, 06:50 PM   #1039
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
^ i recommend you to go check out Jay Rock's "Follow Me Home". dope west coast album.

Well, as you know, I normally don't give a fuck about any music that affiliates itself with one of two coastal regions (I mean, seriously... Dumbest turf war ever, that. When I think back on it, I just imagine Dre, Snoop, and Pac cupping their mouths to holler insults at Nas, Biggie, Jay-Z, and Wu-Tang (who were too busy fighting amongst themselves to give much of a shit) from three and a half thousand miles away. It's an objectively hilarious image)

HOWEVER, I like the LA hip hop scene now. I like the epic scope of Kendrick Lamar's coming-of-age Compton thug in good kid, and I like the throwback styles of emcees like K.L. and Schoolboy Q. And lord knows I love me some motherfuckin NWA. Shit on everything they did later in life (save the Chronic), NWA was the beginning and the end of truly magnificent West Coast gangsta rap. Maybe even better than Public Enemy...

So ok. I'll give this a shot. Will you listen to the new Black Milk? I didn't mean to make it sound simple... It's not. Extremely intelligent and thoughtful actually, but it's not trap and it's not drill, and it's not pussy ass derivative J. Cole shit... It's a good old fashioned under ground hip hop album, and it reminds me of why I listened to the indie shit exclusively for so long.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|