View Single Post
Old 07.28.2008, 05:39 PM   #4
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm like my production and sound to be fuzzy and kind of out-of-focus. That said, I can obsess over unexpected fuzz or things not sounding how I want to. Example, when my reverb unit overloads it starts to distort horribly, but this makes me very angry when I have to tweak the input levels to make sure my 3 distortions sound clear running through it. Although, when it comes to straight "guitar" tone, I don't obsess over signal loss or a little effect bleed coloring the clean tone.

Also, lately I've been recording acoustically to a battery-powered tape recorder with an external mic. I really dig the tape warbles it gets because of the batteries dying. I hate it recording electric, though.