View Single Post
Old 02.12.2011, 09:19 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
for an acoustic I use extra light as well, usually .09-.10 but .12 standard I believe and its light enough. I used to use .22 (not on my acoustics) on my electric but my brother introduced me to the joys of light gauge and I never went back. I do miss the extreme heaviness to sound and resonance of such heavy strings, but it was deadly for my fingers, my hands were sliced up perpetually..

If you don't have a light hand but still want a versatile acoustic sound, go for some phosphorus Bronze acoustic specific .12 gauges, and if you need a bit heavier kind of sound for your acoustic, grab the .16 set..

I just discovered these, I am quite pleased with the result on my spurce wood guitar, it had a nice heavy resonance with a light, airy feel and lightning smooth action, good life too, perhaps a solid month of nice sound.

I actually used to swear by Ernie Balls on my electrics, then I switched to whatever was cheap for a while when I was gigging because if you change em every week or two, most brands are decent D'Addario, GHS, Dean Markley, for the electric they all do the job.

I also used to prefer electric strings for my acoustic, but then I discovered the resonating joy of specifically acoustic strings..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|