View Single Post
Old 06.30.2007, 12:01 PM   #97
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Alright, I don't particularly care, I perceived that you made a cheap and unwarranted dig, I gave back in kind.

Classical music is not pretentious.
I have no more of a problem with Rastafari than I do with any other religion.

Classical music is also an artform that grew out of many social strata of Europe (and, latterly, America and East-Asia). It is no more 'my culture' than it is 'anyone else's culture' to be into classical music, or to make it.

Rock and jazz is not pretentious - have you heard any jazz other than Dixie stuff? Black people can disappear up their own arses to, y'know? Also, unless I'm much mistaken, Rock music does include the like of YES or Queen or Meatloaf.

'Classical music' is an incredibly broad term that covers about 700 years worth of music. Rock/ jazz are likewise incredibly broad terms that cover, at most, 100 years of music. Both are capable of incredibly ridiculous ideas, terrifically haughty notions and, yes, pretention. Sometimes that can be enjoyable (I am, after all, a Wagner fan of sorts). Sometimes less so (I'm not fond of Grateful Dead). The point I'm trying to make is that it doesn't seem very understanding of your fellow man to pass judgement on what he enjoys, hence my cheap dig at yourself. Judge not lest ye be judged yourself indeed.

Anyway, apologies for any injury caused, I don't care to continue this argument anymore, if you still don't get my point, fine, never mind, c'est la vie etc.

And, in the mean time, I heard Gorecki's 3rd the other day and thought it was unmitigated tripe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|