View Single Post
Old 09.15.2016, 09:29 AM   #2958
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
What if Turbo Grafx was some sort of a collaborative album with Cudi.. and Ye canceled it in order to make an album with Drake? Went with the popular guy. Strictly a business decision, sucks to be honest and in that case I understand Cudi's frustration.

Could be. I read that Cudi was upset about the prospective (hopefully still embryonic, soon to be aborted) collab album with Drake.
Well, you know I read that, cause you read it too.

But honestly I don't think a full-on equal parts collab album with Cudi is something Kanye would consider. I mean, he often gives the impression of having free-for-all policies on his album, but I think he's actually quite selective about who he appears with and how he does it.

For example, Big Sean has not yet even had a feature on a proper Kanye Studuo album. Yeah, he was on Cruel Summer, but so was everyone. My opinion is that this is very deliberate on ye's part. Sean isn't good enough yet, or big enough, for Kanye to give him space on a strictly Kanye studio project.

Look at "Highlights." He originally had Madonna on the track, but went with Young Thug instead. And this is right after Madonna released one of the biggest flops of her career, and had some serious public embarrassment in 2015. Thug in the other hand is undeniably still on the come up.

I mean, sure Kanye did Watch the Throne, but that was with fucking Jay-Z. Even if the album has sucked (it didn't, of course. It's brilliant, and better than well over half of Jay's discography) the reward would still have been massive. People would have respected the move, bought the album and the concert tickets, even if the album hasn't been incredible.

I think Ye's very picky about who he gets in bed with. And even if he agrees to collab with someone, he usually does it on one of their albums. He features A-listers and up and comers almost exclusively on his albums, and I'm sure he chooses his bigger side projects with even more care. Of the two big Ye pairings, one has been with Jay-Z, the other has been with fucking Pharrell and Lupe.

In short, I think if Kanye was going to do a project with Kid Cudi, he would have done it by now.

I pray that he doesn't end up following through with this Drake collab. That would just send "Dreezy" so far up his own ass it would swallow the both of them and all of us up. Hopefully he abandons it or puts it on permanent back-burner like he's done with so many other projects.

Now, Kanye doing a Collegrove type series of features on a Drake project, that I could handle. It would be a Drake thing, and I wouldn't have to think about it much. But if he does something as equal and ambitious as Watch the Throne with that corny bitch, it's going to be career ugly. Even if Ye produces the whole thing and makes it awesome sounding, Drake's gon make it dumb as hell with his dumb as hell voice and his dumb as hell beard.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|