View Single Post
Old 11.09.2010, 09:32 AM   #13132
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Man, Kill Bill vol. 1 was pretty fun in theaters. It's one of those movies that's way more fun in theaters than to watch at home.... You bought the Japanese version? How much did that cost you? And isn't the only difference, the black and white scene was in color? I actually really liked the black and white scene, I thought it was cool how it turned black and white when she ripped the eye out, was pretty remarkable. That scene in the snow was neat too. That whole scene was like Hard-Boiled/The Killer/A Better Tomorrow 1 & 2, but with swords instead of guns. I remember Tarantino said John Woo, and Wong Kar Wai (Woo's beautiful choreopgrahy and Wai's editing/color/style -- he'd just got done watching ASHES OF TIME when writing the script) were influences. Gotta love the long take with the camera showing the party, the 5 6 7 8's, and the bathroom. Decent little flick.

Yes I love the black and white scene it is wonderfull. Also, the snow scene is magnificent, I could just watch that on a loop. Beautifull how everything is balanced and shot with the cameras. I just noticed how during most of the fight Lucy is in front of the snow backdrop and uma (in her orange suit) is in front of the warm colors of the windows. And the water tipping fountain thing how its at the front while the fight is the real focus. just great

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|