View Single Post
Old 11.01.2013, 03:19 PM   #1511
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I'm a little disappointed because I can't rally any other brothers of mine to go the the SubhumanS show, and I can't go in the pit solo, its not safe. You should never get into the pit at a punk show if you came solo, shit can go totally wrong. Its like starting a bar fight without any friends there. Shit can go terribly wrong in a hurry. So even though I haven't been in a good pit in several years, and I am DYING to get my pit on, I'm going to have to be wiser here, based on my experience in the past in several gutter punk mosh pits, and sit this one out.

Pits are NOT inherently violent, angry, or dangerous, but there is a natural danger in jumping into a sweaty, tightened circle of people flailing elbows around. If you accidentally get hit, people will help you up, but still, its best to have a tag-team. I've never had an incident which required a brawl or a fight from the pit, indeed the pit is generally all elbows and love, but you should have some backup even if just to help you up if you get knocked around a bit. Safety first. Sucks though. I did jump into the pit solo last time, and it was alright, but I didn't get the fullest experience like I do when we jump into the pit with a crew of five or six dudes to manhandle the pit and dominate. Plus, in LA there is always one asshole who heard they fight at punk shows, and he is throwing punches in the pit, sometimes you have to throw a few back at those assholes to remind them fighting is reserved for the parking lot, not the pit

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|