Thread: Nicfit,
View Single Post
Old 12.11.2016, 07:47 AM   #9
PLips
Banned

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
It's fucking agony man. Every single day for 4 years, ever since I could no longer afford smokes. I'm pretty happy I appropriated this thread, I talk to people about smoking every chance I get hoping for any insight and to organize my thoughts.

I woke up this morning and my tongue became hypersensitive. I ate fried potatoes for breakfast and the flavour was twice as rich as it was yesterday. This usually happens after you quit, not before.

My cousin is reading a book on neuroplasticity right now and he says any behaviour can be changed within 3 weeks of reinforced thought in order to change neural pathways.

The greatest hindrance to this for quitting smoking was that there were so many layers of anxiety covering the actual sensation of withdrawal that how it actually felt was not possible. Any attempts to cut back or quit, and the years of psychic trauma manifested itself as stabbing agonizing pain in the frontal lobe.

Carr and McKenna are both adamant that there is no physical pain or anxiety from withdrawal and that quitting for good is easy. For 6 months I've been analysing everything they said but could not identify their words with what I felt. It took a shitload of persistent willpower to actually figure out what they were talking about. Both of them said everyone has different brainwashing and Carr said he doesn't have magic words he has special knowledge, so in order to understand it you must have an open mind. I'm thinking every tangent possible now to end this excruciating misery.
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|