View Single Post
Old 04.19.2013, 06:32 AM   #29
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Agree.

I picked up my physical copies. Haven't listened in a month. My only complaint is that the bonus songs, one of which I still haven't heard, are iTunes-only.

Why?

I get "sun blows up.." Because it sounds like a unit shifter pushed by WB. (Why isn't it on the album? Couldn't say)... But the other track is 14:00 and iTunes-Album only. That's disappointing. Like the Lips need people to buy two-to-three formats of their album. That's exactly what I've done of course, but I'm a little pissed about if.

Still, This is a drop dead gorgeous album. If "Priest Driven Ambulance" marked the band's first turning point, and Zaireeka and Soft Bulletin represented their second big shift, this is their fourth game changing masterpiece. Ahead of its time and space. I'm not surprised about the lukewarm critical response.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|